This summer fair favorite is easy to make at home!
- 1 lb bulk pork sausage
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 hard-cooked eggs, peeled
- Gold Medal all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup Progresso panko crispy bread crumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- Heat oven to 400°F. In large bowl, mix pork sausage, onion and salt. Shape mixture into 4 equal patties.
- Roll each hard-cooked egg in flour to coat; place on sausage patty and shape sausage around egg. Dip each into beaten egg; coat with bread crumbs to cover completely. Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 35 minutes or until sausage is thoroughly cooked and no longer pink near egg.
You can also add any spices you’d like to the sausage to flavor it how you like it. Progresso panko crispy bread crumbs also come with Italian herbs and with lemon-pepper seasoning…why not experiment with the flavor?