- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons madras curry paste
- 650g beef mince
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup frozen peas
- Steamed basmati rice, mint leaves and pappadums
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook, stirring, for 3 to 4 minutes or until soft.
- Add garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add curry paste and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until aromatic.
- Add beef and cook, stirring with a wooden spoon, for 4 minutes or until browned. Add tomatoes and bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat to medium. Cook, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until liquid has almost evaporated.
- Stir in peas and cook for 1 minute or until peas cooked through. Spoon curry over rice. Top with mint.