- 3 cups potatoes, peeled, boiled and cut into cubes when cool
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 lb Velveeta cheese, diced
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 lb skinless smoked sausage
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- Cut skinless smoked sausage in half, lengthwise, and then chop into 1/2 inch “half moon” cuts. Cook in a frying pan for about 15 minutes, turning frequently to slightly brown.
- Meanwhile, put cooked & diced potatoes in 2 quart casserole. Add cooked meat and give it a gentle toss.
- Mix all remaining ingredients except for shredded cheddar cheese & the paprika in a saucepan over medium heat until warm, melted and smooth. Use a whisk and stir constantly.
- Pour white/cheese sauce over potatoes and meat. Sprinkle shredded sharp cheddar cheese on top, and then sprinkle paprika evenly over the top.
- Bake in preheated 350°F oven for 35-45 minutes watch, until golden brown on top.