Stirred up these curry pots to fill your kitchen with the aroma of Indian cuisine.
2 tablespoons canola oil
6 chicken breast fillets, cut into 3cm pieces
2 brown onions, halved, cut into wedges
3 tablespoons Patak’s Korma Paste
800g Butternut pumpkin, peeled, seeded, cut into 2cm pieces
400g can diced tomatoes
500ml (2 cups) chicken stock
400g can chickpeas, rinsed, drained
200g snow peas, trimmed
Fresh coriander sprigs, to serve
- Heat half the oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook half the chicken, turning occasionally, for 3-4 minutes or until browned.
- Use a slotted spoon to transfer to a plate. Repeat with remaining chicken, reheating the pan between batches.
- Add the onion and remaining oil to the pan and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until the onion is soft. Add the chicken and curry paste and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until well combined.
- Add the pumpkin, tomato and stock and stir until well combined. Cover and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 10 minutes or until the pumpkin is tender.
- Add the chickpeas and snow peas and simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until the snow peas are bright green and tender crisp and the sauce thickens slightly.
- Spoon the curry among serving bowls. Top with coriander and. Serve with rice.