- 1 ½ lbs. chicken breast cut into 1¼ inch cubes
- 4 bay leaves
- 1 medium onion to liquidize
- 1 green bell pepper cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 yellow onion cut into 1 inch pieces
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- Juice of ½ lemon
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven 350 degrees:
- Liquidize one onion in the blender with the oil, lemon, and black pepper.
- Add the bay leaves to the mixture and then marinate the chicken in this mixture in the refrigerator for at least ½ hour.
- Thread pieces of chicken, green pepper and onion on the skewers alternating the pieces.
- Bake in the oven for about 15 minutes and then place on a stove top griddle drizzled with olive oil to finish the cooking process reaching a beautiful caramelized golden color.
- These kebabs can also be cooked over glowing embers brushed with the remaining marinade.