Irish Potatoes are widely eaten in Rwanda, mostly in Northern Province. Among the various ways potatoes are prepared in the country, boiling them in beef mixture can also work out perfectly well.
>> 1 kg ground beef
>> 2 medium sized onions, chopped
>> 2 tablespoons oil
>> 1 teaspoon salt
>> Black pepper, to taste
>> 1-2 tablespoons curry powder
>> 1 teaspoon turmeric
>> 1 tablespoon apricot jam
>> 1/3 cup vinegar
>> 2 teaspoons sugar
>> 1 8 oz can tomatoes, peeled and diced
>> 1 cup water
>> 3 large potatoes, peeled and cubed
>> 1.5 cups carrots
>> 1 cup peas
1. Brown meat and onions in oil.
2. Stir in salt, pepper, curry powder, and turmeric and cook for about 3 minutes
3. Add jam, vinegar, sugar, tomato and water and simmer for 1 hour
4. Add potatoes and carrots and cook 30 minutes
5. Add frozen peas and warm through.
6. Adjust seasoning and serve with rice