Want to eat more good-for-you fish? Try high-fiber cereal-coated tilapia that can be on your dinner table in just 30 minutes.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes Servings 4
- 1 lb medium-firm textured fish fillets (such as tilapia, cod or haddock), about 3/4 inch thick
- 1 cup Fiber One™ original bran cereal
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 tablespoons canola or vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat or fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- Dash ground red pepper (cayenne)
- Dash salt
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat oven to 450°F. Spray bottom of 13×9-inch pan with cooking spray. Cut fish crosswise into 2-inch-wide pieces; set aside.
- Place cereal in resealable food-storage plastic bag; seal bag and finely crush with rolling pin or meat mallet (or finely crush cereal in food processor).
- In shallow bowl, mix cereal, lemon peel, 1 teaspoon chili powder, 1/4 teaspoon salt and the pepper. In another shallow bowl, place milk. Dip fish pieces into milk, then coat with cereal mixture; place in pan. Drizzle oil evenly over fish.
- Bake uncovered 10 to 15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with fork.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, mix all sauce ingredients except cilantro until blended. Stir in cilantro. Serve sauce with fish.