Make a puffy bread bowl and fill it with a peppy egg scramble.
Prep Time 20 min
Total Time 55 min
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- ½ cup Original Bisquick mix
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 12 eggs
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (4 oz)
- ½ package (3 1/2-oz size) sliced pepperoni, cut in fourths
- Chopped bell pepper, chopped tomato or chopped fresh parsley if desired.
- Heat oven to 400°F. Generously grease bottom and side of 9-inch glass pie plate with shortening or cooking spray. In 2-quart saucepan, heat water and butter to boiling over medium heat.
- Add Bisquick mix and Italian seasoning all at once; stir vigorously over low heat about 1 minute or until mixture forms a ball. Remove from heat.
- With spoon, beat in 2 of the eggs, one at a time, beating until smooth and glossy after each addition. Spread in pie plate (do not spread up sides). Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until puffed and dry in center.
- In medium bowl, beat remaining 10 eggs with wire whisk or fork until fluffy. Stir in salt.
- In 12-inch skillet, heat oil over medium heat until bubbly. Pour egg mixture into skillet. As mixture begins to set at bottom and side, sprinkle with 1/2 cup of the cheese and all of the pepperoni.
- Gently lift cooked portions of egg with spatula so that thin, uncooked portion can flow to bottom and turn over gently to cook evenly (avoid constant stirring). Cook until eggs are thickened throughout but still moist.
- Mound eggs into puffy bread bowl. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Garnish with bell pepper, tomato and parsley.
Make puffy bread bowl one day ahead; store tightly covered in pie plate in refrigerator. To serve, reheat bowl loosely covered in pie plate in 375°F oven about 15 minutes or until hot. Fill with cooked egg mixture.