- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni (7 ounces)
- ¼ cup butter or margarine
- ¼ cup Gold Medal all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground mustard
- ¼ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups shredded or cubed Cheddar cheese (8 ounces)
- Heat oven to 350ºF.
- Cook macaroni as directed on package.
- While macaroni is cooking, melt butter in 3-quart saucepan over low heat.
- Stir in flour, salt, pepper, mustard and Worcestershire sauce. Cook over medium low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is smooth and bubbly; remove from heat. Stir in milk.
- Heat to boiling, stirring constanly. Boil and stir 1 minute. Stir in cheese. Cook, stirring occasionally, until cheese is melted.
- Drain macaroni. Gently stir macaroni into cheese sauce. Pour into ungreased 2-quart casserole. Bake uncovered 20 to 25 minutes or until bubbly.