>> olive oil, for frying
>> 2 shallots, finely diced
>> 1 tbsp rosemary, chopped
>> 1 tbsp thyme leaves, chopped
>> a good splash of madeira
>> 300 ml cream
>> 300 g mixed wild mushrooms
>> truffle oil, optional, to taste
>> 2 egg yolks
>> 8 slices brioche, crusts removed
- Preheat the oven to 160C/140C/gas 3. In a heavy-based saucepan, add a splash of olive oil and warm gently. Add the shallots, rosemary, thyme and garlic and cook gently for 5 minutes.
- Add a good splash of the madeira and reduce for 5 minutes. Add the double cream, bring to the boil then turn the heat off and set aside.
- Heat a frying pan on the hob, add a drizzle of olive oil and fry the mushrooms for around 1 minute. Add the cooked mushrooms to the cream base, season with salt and pepper and add the truffle oil to taste. Once cooled slightly, add the egg yolks and stir in.
- To build the puddings, take two individual pie dishes and lay a slice of the brioche on the bottom then add a generous tablespoon of the mushroom mixture.
- Repeat until all the brioche and mushroom mix is used up.
- Bake in the oven for 12 minutes or until golden on top. Let stand for a few minutes before serving with steamed broccoli or a green salad.