The taste of stir-fried onion in tomato egg sauce can be so yummy. Kids love this dish, that’s if pepper is not too much for them.
This tasty stew can be served with boiled rice, boiled yam or boiled unripe plantain. I love it with fried yam too.
Tomatoes, pepper, eggs, crushed seasoning cubes and onions for stew
>> Eggs 3
>> Seasoning cubes 2
>> Large tomatoes 3
>> Pepper 3
>> Medium sized onion 1
>> Soya, olive or vegetable oil
>> Fried ripe plantain
- Add oil to fry pan
- Add chopped vegetables and seasoning to hot oil
- Add two spoon scoops of oil to fry pan and allow to heat
- Add washed and chopped seasoned vegetables, stir and add seasoned whisked eggs
- Allow to boil a little, then stir and check for salt and onion tenderness. If satisfied with the cooking crunchy one can be the best.
- Remove from heat and serve with dodo, boiled yam, fried yam, boiled unripe plantain or boiled rice add whisked seasoned eggs
- Stir and cook till onion is a bit tender serve stew with dodo fresh dodo with egg stew onion tomato stew with fried ripe plantain a serving of dodo with egg stew
- When fresh tomato is left to over cook in egg sauce, it begins to taste sour.
- Do not over cook the stew. It is best enjoyed crunchy and fresh. Onion, tomato and pepper combination turn out great when cooked briefly.