Sandwiches ready in 20 minutes! Pancakes filled with sausage patties and cheese gives you hearty breakfast, served with syrup.
Prep Time 20 min Total Time 20 min
1 cup Original Bisquick mix
- ½ cup milk
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 package (9.6 oz) frozen fully cooked pork sausage patties, thawed
- 4 slices (3/4 oz each) American cheese, cut into quarters
- 1 cup real maple or maple-flavored syrup, heated
- In medium bowl, stir Bisquick mix, milk, egg and oil until blended.
- Heat griddle or skillet over medium heat or to 375°F. Grease griddle with additional vegetable oil if necessary (or spray with cooking spray before heating).
- For each pancake, use about 1 tablespoon batter. Cook pancakes until bubbly on top, puffed and dry around edges. Turn and cook other sides until golden brown. Keep warm.
- In same skillet, heat sausage patties about 3 minutes. Turn; top each patty with 2 cheese quarters. Cook 3 to 4 minutes longer or until thoroughly heated and cheese is melted.
- To serve, place 1 cheese-topped sausage patty on each of 8 pancakes; top each with second pancake. Serve with syrup.
Serve these sandwiches with hash browns for a hearty breakfast. Planning a sleepover for your child and friends? Put these cute breakfast sandwiches on the menu.