Adding broccoli to a rice mix results in a special side for skillet-prepared pork chops.
Prep time 25 min total time 30 min ingredients 7 servings 4
• 1 box (6 oz) herb roasted chicken-flavor long-grain and wild rice mix
• 2 cups water
• 4 cups fresh broccoli florets (about 1/2 lb)
• 1 tablespoon canola or vegetable oil
• ½ teaspoon salt
• ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
• 4 boneless pork loin chops, 3/4 inch thick (about 1 1/3 lb)
1. In 12-inch nonstick skillet, mix rice, seasoning package from rice mix and water. Heat to boiling over medium heat. Cover; cook 7 minutes. Add broccoli; cook 3 minutes longer.
2. Spoon rice and broccoli onto 4 dinner plates. Cover to keep warm.
3. Wipe out skillet. In same skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Sprinkle salt and pepper over pork; place in skillet. Cook 4 to 6 minutes or until bottoms are browned.
4. Turn pork; cook 4 to 5 minutes longer or until pork is no longer pink and meat thermometer inserted in center reads 160°F. Serve pork with rice and broccoli.
5. If your pork chops are thinner or thicker than 3/4 inch, adjust the cook time accordingly, and be sure to cook to 160°F.
6. Any flavor of packaged rice mix can be used.