So if the sweet flavor isn’t enough, there are plenty more reasons to enjoy these crunchy, sweet root vegetables, so reserve a spot in your garden plot for planting some, or pop down to the local market to pick up a bunch! Carrots are more than a tasty addition to almost any dish. They are also good for your body’s overall health, especially that of the skin, eyes, digestive system and teeth!
- Healthy skin; Carrots are a rich with Beta carotene which is a powerful antioxidant that among other vital uses, can be converted into vitamin A in the body to help maintain healthy skin.
- Digestion: Carrots increase saliva and supply essential minerals, vitamins and enzymes that aid indigestion. Eating carrots regularly may help prevent gastric ulcers and other digestive disorders.
- Alkaline elements: Carrots are rich in alkaline elements, which purify and revitalize the blood while balancing the acid/alkaline ratio of the body.
- Potassium: Carrots are a good source of potassium, which can help maintain healthy sodium levels in the body that reduce elevated blood pressure levels.
- Dental Health: Carrots kill harmful germs in the mouth and help prevent tooth decay.
- Carotenoids: Carrots are rich in carotenoids, which our bodies can use to help regulate blood sugar.
- Fiber: Carrots are high in soluble fiber, which may reduce cholesterol by binding the LDL form (the kind we don’t want) and increasing the HDL form (the kind our body needs) to help reduce blood clots and prevent heart disease.
- Eyes, hair, nails and more! The nutrients in carrots can improve the health of your eyes, skin, hair, nails and more through helping to detoxify your system and build new cells!
More reasons to eat carrots for stable health,