Most people are concerned about weight loss in January more than any other month of the year mainly because of too much calories people consumed in the festive. Worry not, apart from exercising; you can lose weight through the way you eat.
The Garden Vegetable Soup recipe is what you will need to cut down the extra weight you added on since the soup is simple in itself full of carrots, onions, cabbages, tomatoes and spinach; it tastes fantastic and will help you lose weight quickly without feeling deprived of food.
The recipe is easy and all you will need is the same ingredients that are available everywhere in local markets.
- virgin olive oil
- chopped onions
- chopped celery
- chopped green bell pepper
- cloves garlic, minced
- chopped cabbage
- chopped cauliflower
- chopped carrots
- green beans, cut into 1-inch pieces
- low-sodium vegetable broth or chicken broth
- tomato sauce
- diced tomatoes
- rinsed pinto beans
- chopped fresh or frozen spinach
- thinly sliced fresh basil
- freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat oil in a large soup pot over medium heat, add onions, celery, bell pepper and garlic; cook, stirring frequently, until softened up to about 15 minutes.
- Add cabbage, cauliflower, carrots and green beans; cook, stirring occasionally, until slightly softened about 10 minutes more.
- Add broth, water, tomato sauce, tomatoes, beans and cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and boil partially covered, until the vegetables are tender, 20 to 25 minutes. Stir in spinach and cook for 10 minutes more.
- Stir in basil and top each portion with 1 tablespoon cheese.