Create this tea-time classic at home! Roll out a fresh dough, fill in your likings and fry crisp.
Recipe Cook Time: 30 Minutes
• 2 cups refined flour-sifted
• 1 tsp salt
• 2 Tbsp oil
• Cold water to knead
• Filling of your choice (keema, potatoes etc)
• Oil for deep frying
1. Mix the refined flour, salt and oil. Add water and knead into a firm but pliable dough.
2. Make into 8-10 smooth balls. Roll into thin rounds, about 15cm, 6″ in diameter, and cut into halves.
3. Take one half, wet the edges, and fold the straight edge at the center to bring the two halves together, overlapping a bit to form into a triangular case.
4. Press the overlapping portion, and fill the case with the filling, leaving a margin of 1cm/ 1/2 inch all around.
5. Press the edges together to seal the samosas.
6. Fill all the pieces in the same manner, keeping them covered with a damp cloth.
7. Heat oil till a piece of dough thrown in, comes up immediately.
8. Add as many samosas as come in without touching each other.
9. Lower the heat to medium. Fry to a golden brown on either side. Serve hot, with a chutney. Key Ingredients: Salt, Vegetable Oil, Potatoes