Vegetable burgers packed with fiber-rich cereal are ready in less than 30 minutes.
Preparation: Time 25 min
Total : Time 25 min Servings 5
- 1 cup Fiber One® original bran cereal
- 1 can (15 or 16 oz) spicy chili beans in sauce, undrained
- ½ cup quick-cooking oats
- ¼ cup chopped green onions (4 medium)
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 ¼ cups washed fresh baby spinach leaves
- 5 slices tomato
- 5 whole wheat burger buns, split
- Place cereal in resealable food-storage plastic bag; seal bag and crush with rolling pin or meat mallet or crush in food processor.
- In medium bowl, mash beans with fork until no whole beans remain. Add crushed cereal, oats, onions and egg; mix well.
- Shape mixture into 5 patties, each about 3 1/2 inches in diameter.
- Spray 12-inch skillet with cooking spray. Add patties; cook over medium heat about 10 minutes, turning once, until brown.
- For each sandwich, place 1/4 cup spinach leaves and 1 tomato slice on bottom half of bun; top with bean burger and top half of bun.